- Removed the dependency on PythonXML. errors like
Traceback (most recent call last):Should be fixed by this release.
File "./peapod.py", line 7, in
from Peapod.peapod import getConfig, newTracks, feedLog
File "/home/hldevore/bin/peapod/Peapod/peapod.py", line 36, in
from Peapod import OPML
File "/home/hldevore/bin/peapod/Peapod/OPML.py", line 92, in
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DefaultHandler'
It’s snowing here in blighty, and it’s the long Easter weekend. So this seems like a good time to get a new release out. Lots of great features and bug-fixes have been languishing in SVN and it’s about time they saw the light of day.
- specify a non-standard config file by passing –config=/path/to/config.file
- specify a non-standard directory to save data by passing –homedir=/path/to/datadir
- some ipods were giving trouble when syncing. this should be fixed now.
If you are reading this then you have discovered that Peapod is no longer at www.peapodpy.org. That domain has expired and was reistered by someone who we can’t get in contact with anymore. Apologies to everyone for the inconvenience. We’ll endevour to make sure this doesn’t happen again.
There have been lots of developments in peapod-land over the last month or so. We have several new developers on board and it seems likely that peapod development will speed up in the next few months. So without further ado here is peapod-0.5
- Downloads are cached. This allows downloads to recommence on the next run following problems. This is especially useful on busy feeds that experience frequent HTTP time-outs.
- Now supports copying podcasts to iPods supported by libgpod. –synciPod from commandline. Location of mounted iPod can be set by –ipodpath=/path/to/ipod or by setting <ipodpath> in .peapod/peapod.xml
- HTTP headers are not recorded when the podcast fails to download. This allows us to try again on the next run
- Better docstring coverage in the source code
- Better unicode handling in tagging code
- Basic functionality now works in Microsoft Windows. No bittorrent or tagging support at the moment.
- Podcasts using Atom feeds can now be subscribed to.
- –title=”My Feed Title” allows you to specify a title when adding a new feed. This gets round the bug caused by feed urls containing commas.
- m4a files were being corrupted by tag re-writing.
- lots of pychecker warnings removed.
- hacker voice radio failed to download due to files ending in .MP3 not .mp3
- can now be installed by doing python setup.py install
- can still be run from the directory as before
- front-end script is now peapod not peapod.py
- command-line and libraries are now separated
- fixed import error where lack of bittorrent stopped script
As the number of users of peapod has grown it has become apparant to us that the channels of communication are not all that they could be. So we have started a project on sourceforge so that we can use some of the nifty tools they provide.
You can subscribe here.
visit the peapod tracker.
The site here at peapodpy.org will remain the primary interface for peapod. Subversion and file releases will still be hosted here. However we will also release files to sourceforge and maintain a synced backup of subversion. This should make peapod available if either site goes down.